By Ian S. Markham
During this new booklet, Ian Markham analyzes the atheistic international view, opposing the arguments given through well known authors of books on atheism, similar to Richard Dawkins. in contrast to different responses to the recent atheism, Markham demanding situations those authors all alone flooring via wondering their figuring out of trust and of atheism itself. the result's a remodeling creation to Christianity that might entice a person attracted to this debate.
• a desirable problem to the hot spate of winning books written by way of high-profile atheist authors comparable to Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris
• Tackles those authors on their lonesome flooring, arguing that they don't comprehend the character of atheism, not to mention theology and ethics
• attracts on rules from Nietzsche, cosmology, and paintings to build a strong reaction that enables for a religion that's grounded, but one who acknowledges the truth of uncertainty
• Succinct, enticing, yet robustly argued, this new e-book through a number one educational and author incorporates a wealth of profound insights that exhibit non secular trust in a brand new gentle
Read or Download Against atheism: why Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris are fundamentally wrong PDF
Similar theology books
Hume on faith introduces his significant paintings at the topic, Dialogues referring to average faith and assesses Hume's existence and the heritage to the paintings. the tips and textual content of the paintings also are thought of in addition to Hume's carrying on with value to philosophy today.
From the Routledge Philosophy Guidebooks sequence.
How can human discourse refer meaningfully to a transcendent God? Paul Janz's publication reconfigures this primary challenge of Christian considering as a twofold call for for integrity--integrity of cause and integrity of transcendence. It facilities round an unique but devoted re-reading of Kant's empirical realism.
This ebook offers a serious assessment of the doctrine of the Trinity, tracing its improvement and investigating the highbrow, philosophical, and theological historical past that formed this influential doctrine of Christianity. regardless of the centrality of Trinitarian proposal to Christianity, and its value as one of many basic tenets that differentiates Christianity from Judaism and Islam, the doctrine isn't totally formulated within the canon of Christian scriptural texts.
- Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life (Borzoi Books)
- Philosophy and the Christian Faith: A Historical Sketch from the Middle Ages to the Present Day
- Weaver - Self Love and Christian Ethics
- The Judgment Seat of Christ
Additional resources for Against atheism: why Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris are fundamentally wrong
Harris writes: It is time we recognized that the only thing that permits human beings to collaborate with one another in a truly open-ended ways is their willingness to have their beliefs modified by new facts. 28 For Harris, many religious people clearly distain “reason” and the consequences can be horrific. He provides two illustrations – the Holocaust and the Inquisition. The Holocaust has its roots in the anti-Semitism of the Christian tradition: Luther’s tract “Concerning the Jews and their lies” was reproduced and implemented by the Nazis.
Are we claiming that God is some sort of energy that is present in the universe? Are we claiming that God is something separate from the universe and if so what? Does God have space or live in time or not? If persons of faith cannot explain what they are affirming to exist, then atheism has won. If I invent a word, say “bloop,” and cannot then explain what it means, then others are entitled to ignore me. We need an account of God; and often persons of faith are not very good at giving an account of God.
The right of Ian S. Markham to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, except as permitted by the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, without the prior permission of the publisher. Wiley also publishes its books in a variety of electronic formats.
Against atheism: why Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris are fundamentally wrong by Ian S. Markham